Laparoscopy is a minimally invasive surgical technique that uses small ‘keyhole’ incisions to allow a camera and small tools into the abdomen. This allows the surgeon to get improved visualization of the internal organs and perform surgery though much smaller and less invasive openings. This technique reduces post-surgical discomfort, causes minimal bleeding and improves recovery time. Below are some of the many procedures that can be performed laparoscopically:
- Ovarectomy (Spay)
- Cryptorchid Castration (Retained Testicle Neuters)
- Gastropexy (Stomach Tacking)
- Splenectomy (Spleen Removal or Biopsy)
- Biopsies of the liver or other abdominal organs
- Cystotomy (Bladder Surgery)
- Exploratory Surgery
See the video below for a tour of your pet’s day here for a laparoscopic spay.
Please call our office to get more information on this revolutionary surgical technique!