It’s that time of year again! As the holidays rapidly approach, please don’t forget to make arrangements for your pets! We are already beginning to fill up for the Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s holiday seasons. We recommend making reservations for your pet’s stay with us as early as possible to ensure we have room for them.
Please be aware of our boarding policies:
Boarding is for Animal Care of Gloucester veterinary clients only.
Proof of vaccine history must be provided prior to or at the time of scheduling the reservation for boarding. The vaccines listed below must be up to date at the time of boarding
- Canine Distemper (DHPP: Distemper, Hepatitis, Parvo Virus, Parainfluenza)
- Bordatella (Kennel Cough)
- Feline Distemper (FVRCP: Feline Viral Rhinotracheitis, Calicivirus, Panleukopenia)
If any of these vaccines are less than 30 days overdue they can be boostered at the beginning of the scheduled boarding.
If any of these vaccines are 30 days or more overdue they must be boostered 28 days or more prior to the start of the scheduled boarding.
All boarding patients must be in reasonable health. Our staff must be notified of any health problems, medications or illnesses prior to boarding.
- We routinely treat all animals for external and internal parasites as necessary. If your pet develops loose stools secondary to diet change or excitability, this will be medically managed at your expense. Be sure they are up to date on vaccinations and are free of parasites. As we are sure you understand, this is for the protection of all other animals here, as well as your own.
- Fleas: upon check in, all animals are checked for fleas. Any animal with fleas will be given a flea treatment to eliminate all live fleas at the cost to the owner. This helps keep your pet comfortable while boarding and prevent the spread of fleas between boarding patients.
- Please provide written instructions for feeding and medication (if applicable). Be certain that all medications are in their PROPERLY LABELED ORIGINAL CONTAINERS. NOTE: there will be an additional fee for medicating your pet during his/her stay.
If you are considering boarding with us for the first time, please review our boarding policies carefully. If you have any questions or concerns about our boarding policies or you would like to make a reservation for your pet, please call us today at 804-642-5740 to set up your pet’s reservation.