We are pleased to announce that we will now be offering laparoscopic surgery at Animal Care of Gloucester! Laparoscopy is surgery that is preformed through small incisions with a camera and specialized surgical tools. Some benefits of having your pet undergo a laparoscopic procedure as opposed to a traditional surgery are:
- Laparoscopy is minimally invasive. Much smaller incisions are utilized than a traditional procedure.
- Improved visualization of your pets internal organs during their procedure. Along with the surgical instruments needed to perform your pets surgery, a small camera is inserted into their abdomen.
- Reduces post-surgical discomfort
- Causes minimal bleeding
- Improves recovery time
Procedures that may be eligible for laparoscopic surgery are:
- Ovarectomy (Spay)
- Cryptorchid Castration (Retained Testicle Neuters)
- Gastropexy (Stomach Tacking)
- Splenectomy (Spleen Removal or Biopsy)
- Biopsies of the liver or other abdominal organs
- Cystotomy (Bladder Surgery)
- Exploratory Surgery
If you have any questions or think your pet may be eligible for a laparoscopic procedure please call to set up an appointment today.